Friday, May 31, 2013

Outfit Recap: Le temps de l'amour (Francoise Hardy Inspired)



Every now and then, when I'm getting dressed, I'll be inspired to go for a certain style. Whether I see a picture or hear a song or think of an outfit Hannah wears in "Girls", it'll spark something in me.  On this particular Sunday in May, I saw some pictures of Francoise Hardy on tumblr and was reminded of my love for the French style that was so prevalent in the 60's and 70's.

I love anything that was worn by Anna Karina, Bridgette Bardot and of course, Francoise- and this photo got me thinking about what to wear that day...


After perusing my closet and improving parts of the simple outfit that I didn't have, I wound up inverting the color scheme & skipping the knee socks (it was a cool-ish morning but not freezing, so the socks would've been just extra heat). 

Me & Francoise- two peas in a pod, right?
My hair is getting super long again

Shoes are always the hardest part of getting ready, as I don't always have 20 pairs to choose from 



I think I did Francoise proud, given what I had in my closet. Do you get dressed some days to try & 're-enact' a photo, video or song?


Outfit Details
Sweater- JC Penney ($6 clearance! Reversible to red on the other side)
Sleeveless lace shirt- JC Penney (not shown, also super clearance)
Skirt- Target
Shoes- Call It Spring, JC Penney (clearance last year)
Minnie Mouse Bow Ring- Disney World
Cardinal Bracelet- Vintage, from Granny

1 comment: